HOW TO USE
Cut Buddy Plus Hair and Beard Shaper DIY Tool Guide
Watch out vidoes below or follow our step by step written instructions
GOOD TO KNOW
What's new? The Cut Buddy Beard Shaping Tool Plus!
Our Cut Buddy 2.0 was designed after listening to the over 1 million satisfied customers who DIY their haircuts at home. They said they loved the original and wanted The Cut Buddy to be even better. And now, it is!
The Cut Buddy Plus is larger than the original, comes with a new divot for clippers, a new curve for necklines, more detailed measurements for exact cuts, a straight edge, and a hair comb. Additionally, each Cut Buddy Beard Shaping Tool Plus comes with a Speed Tracer barber pencil to help you get the perfect lines for your style. If you used the original Cut Buddy but are looking to refresh your beard- and hair- trimming skills, check out these helpful tips to get the most out of your Cut Buddy hair shaper tools.
Use the Cut Buddy Plus in Your Shaving Routine
1. If you haven't shaved in several days or a very long time need a clean new look, trim your hair to stubble length for a more effortless shave. (For regular and daily trimming, you don't need to worry about this step.)
2. Make sure your Trim Buddy or electric shaver is fully charged and lubricated. If you need to clean your beard trimmer, ensure it is also 100% dry!
3. Wet, clean, then fully dry any skin your razor, trimmer, or Trim Buddy might glide over.
4. Use the Cut Buddy Plus straight and curved guidelines to trace lines or run your trimmer directly along the edge of the template.
5. Shave the more difficult lines and areas of your face first.
1. Wash and condition your hair or beard. If you take a shower beforehand and wash your face, remember to use hot water to open your pores and soften your hair.
2. Ensure your Trim Buddy has been charged, recently lubricated and cleaned before beginning.
3. Apply The Cut Buddy Shave Cream and let the lather work on the hair and skin for a few minutes before beginning.
4. Hold the Cut Buddy Plus along the different areas of your face to make it easy for your razor or trimmer to follow the curved or straight edges for clean lines.
5. Wash off shave cream and use a straight edge razor or trimmer if additional detailing is needed.
What if I Have Shaky Hands or Hands that Can't Grip The Cut Buddy Plus Easily?
Whether you have mobility issues that cause you to have difficulty holding The Cut Buddy Plus for an extended period, or you have unsteady hands—don't worry! Our Speed Tracer barber pencils included with the hair shaper tool make it a breeze to get the perfect line. Hold the template to your face, trace the guideline, then follow the line at your own comfortable pace. The Cut Buddy Plus helps you get the best angles and lines to trim your beard perfectly every time!
Step 2: Comb out the hairs that you plan to trim. The Cut Buddy PLUS+ edition has a built-in comb. If using the original design, the Wash and Style Detangle Hair Brush helps to get the best results.
Step 3: Grab the middle of the product with your pointer finger and thumb. Think of it as a hard pinch.
Step 4: Hold the product firmly and place the desired curve that fits your natural hairline against your face. Once the product is against your face, firmly press the product flush against your skin as if you want to bend the product. It is important that you do not shift your hand or move the product at all. The firmer you hold, the better the cut!
Step 5 : Cut precisely along the line of the product. You may need to run the trimmer a few times. Make sure all the hairs are cut before fully lifting the product away from your face. Do not run the trimmer, clipper, or razor too many times on the same area as you may irritate your skin.