We understand what it’s like dealing with irritating ingrown hairs. Sometimes it seems like no matter what you do to prevent them, they always find a way to appear. To combat this problem, we decided to implement some ingrown hair treatment products into our selection of hair care items. So, if you’re tired of wasting time researching or trying out those home remedies for ingrown hair removal and not having any luck, then you’re in the right place. In this blog post, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about these painful hairs, including their causes, common symptoms, and treatment options.
What Causes Ingrown Hairs?
Ingrown hairs occur when hair that’s been removed, especially razor-cut or shaved hair, begins to grow back in a curved manner. Instead of growing straight out, the hair bends into the skin instead. This can happen due to numerous reasons, and unfortunately, it’s rarely something you can control. Performing simple hair care techniques such as tweezing, waxing, and shaving can cause you to get an ingrown hair.
PRO TIP: Sometimes you might even be able to see the problematic hair itself under your skin. Other times, these hairs form because dead skin is clogging the hair follicle.
Anyone can get an ingrown hair, but if you have naturally curly or coarse hair, you’re even more at risk. If curly hair is cut or shaved too short, then the sharpened end of the hair can bend back and pierce the skin, which can cause an ingrown hair.
Where Can You Find Ingrown Hairs?
Based on the causes, it makes sense that ingrown hairs can commonly be found in the areas where you shave. Your face, neck, scalp, legs, armpits, and chest are a few spots that tend to house hairs that can become ingrown.
Symptoms To Watch For
The worst part about ingrown hairs is how intensely they irritate the skin, causing pain for anyone dealing with them. Symptoms of these hairs can include:
• appearance of raised red bumps (kind of like small pimples)
• growth of boil-like sores
• general discomfort
Most of the time, an ingrown hair will go away on its own without you having to do anything. However, these hairs can occasionally result in some harmful complications. Left untreated, an ingrown hair can cause infection, scarring, or darkened spots on the skin.
Special Cut Buddy Products and Treatment Options for Ingrown Hairs
As we mentioned previously, these hairs tend to go away on their own after a while. There’s usually no need for you to test out any ingrown hair removal techniques. However, there are a few reasons that you may want to consider taking action against the hair. For example, some people may not want to deal with the pain while they wait for the hair to heal. If an infection occurs, it’s best to visit your doctor for further treatment or advice. Your doctor may prescribe various medications as treatment. These can include antibiotics (oral and/or topical), topical steroids (to decrease swelling and irritation), or retinoids (to remove dead skin cells).
Here at The Cut Buddy, we actually have a line of products specifically designed to help with ingrown hair treatment. If you’re struggling with ingrown hairs, we highly recommend our Shaving Bundle. This combo kit features products made for ingrown hair and irritation defense. It features three of our amazing products: shaving cream, aftershave solution, and shave butter.
• The Cut Buddy Shave Cream – allows for a smooth razor glide but also acts as both an exfoliator and a skin hydrator. This product works to prevent infection and irritation, enhancing your comfort while shaving. It’s made with a unique formula of willow bark, eucalyptus, and jojoba. Trust us when we say that this shaving cream is unlike anything you’ve ever used before!
• The Cut Buddy After Shave Solution – another product we created to reduce the effects of razor bumps, ingrown hair, or just general irritation from shaving or waxing. Anyone who shaves and hates having their skin feel irritated afterward can benefit from our aftershave. It can also be used pretty much anywhere – the face, head, neck, legs, etc. With its fresh citrus scent and cooling formula, this cruelty-free product will leave your post-shave skin feeling firm and comfortable.
• The Cut Buddy Shave Butter – this balm is made with a special blend of shea butter, coconut oil, aloe, and willow bark. Our shave butter works to soothe and hydrate irritated skin, so you can avoid any post-shave discomfort. You’ll look forward to shaving knowing that you get to enjoy this amazing balm afterward. The best part? It smells like gingerbread cookies!
Your Most Comfortable Shave Yet
We believe everyone deserves to have a safe, comfortable, and effective shave each time. We’re all too familiar with the discomforts that can come with shaving, and we hate dealing with them just as much as you do. That’s why we designed these products – to help people avoid unnecessary pain and simply enjoy the shaving process. So, if you’re wanting to experience your most comfortable shave yet, go ahead and check our products out. We promise you’ll love the results!